Friday, October 14, 2011

A Change in Plans

After giving it some thought, I have decided not to rehash the stampy application. Instead, I will start from scratch with a new application.
The idea behind this application will be a web site that helps musicians find bands and band find musicians. 

The application will be named krill since these fish, much like musicians, travel in packs (schools).  The name is also "fishy" to keep with the fishbulb theme.

The requirements for this will be rather simple.

1. Provide a method for musicians to create profiles.  The user will fill out some basic information such as instruments played, genres preferred, and experience level.

2. Provide a method for bands to create profiles.  The user will find out information such as types of musicians needed, genre, and band status.

3. Provide a search mechanism for bands seeking musicians.  For starters, the application will be Austin, TX  only.  Later, I will expand it to include other cities if any one uses it at all.

4. Provide a search for musicians seeking bands.  The user will be able to search for bands that are seeking specific types of musicians by genre and other criteria.

5. Provide a messaging system.  This will allow for anonymous communication between users.

Using these requirements as a starting point, the next step will be to define these in further detail. 

In my next post, I will beginning to hash these out and start some prototyping.

No comments:

Post a Comment